The interdependence of economy and ecology is becoming increasingly important when it comes to creating the kind of future we want to live in. Working at the interface of the two disciplines, we have been mastering our craft for almost 40 years now.
- We procure our plant ingredients from where they are native and prefer wild growth collections and free-growing plants, as these have an immense concentration of functional ingredients and thus offer the skin a broad spectrum of effects.
- Our packaging consists mainly of glass, wood, HDPE and already recycled plastic produced with solar energy.
- Our cardboard boxes are primarily printed in Italy on FSC-certified paper.
- We obtain our cardboard packaging from the surrounding area. These are naturally recyclable.
- We strictly reject animal testing. Our products are not available in any country that requires animal testing.
- We don’t use any synthetic fragrances and dyes, paraffins, parabens or silicones for our products.
- Our packaging material consists exclusively of paper – even the glue used to seal the boxes is made of potato starch.
- Our products are loaded with valuable ingredients for healthy and beautiful skin.
ICEA – ISTITUTO PER LA CERTIFICAZIONE ETICA E AMBIENTALE
- The ICEA seal for cosmetics has the international accreditation of IOAS (International Organic Accreditation Service) and therefore meets the most important European criteria for organic cosmetics.
- Together with partners such as EcoCert, BDIH, Bodenverband and CosmeBio, ICEA has created the COSMOS brand – the first international standard for natural and organic cosmetics.
- Furthermore, ICEA, in collaboration with the LAV (Lega Anti Vivisection), controls those companies that have chosen to use CRUELTY FREE raw materials (raw materials not tested on animals).
- ICEA is an independent control and certification system with international accreditations that publishes the rules and lists of certified companies and products (including ingredients) and answers the questions asked by consumers.
The products with the ICEA certificate guarantee
- formulations consisting of ingredients of natural origin selected according to environmental and health criteria
- surfactants, functional principles and plant extracts from organic farming certified according to the most important international regulations
- obligatory tests on the finished product to avoid undesired reactions
- truthful terms and claims supported by reliable scientific tests or bibliographies
Certified Sustainable Palm Oil
In principle, we try to strictly avoid the use of palm oil in all our formulations. However, sometimes this is not possible, as certain raw materials such as natural emulsifiers or surfactants cannot (yet) be produced without palm oil components. The RSPO certification (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) guarantees the sustainable production of palm oil. We only use raw materials in our products which contain palm oil with RSPO certification and where it can be assured that no rainforest is damaged for its cultivation.
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international non-profit organisation. It is a system for the certification of forestry in order to guarantee the sustainable use of forests: this includes the preservation and improvement of the economic, ecological and social functions of forest enterprises.